Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Spicy Chicken Fry (Kerala Style)

Did all of you get bore with my meat and fish recipes repeatedly??????..I too badly want to share a veggie recipe...
What to do????Vegetable dishes are  made very rarely during this Ramzan season...If I want to  save a day from the meat and fish varieties ,,,it should be eggs...And for suhoor(early morning meal), we seldom have rice and curries..mostly it is one glass of milk or a banana........If rice is there, the curry is a simple rasam or moru curry with the beef fry I've posted earlier....And these two curries of mine are not that much good....(According to my H)...And one more opinion from him is that I dont know the basic recipes which everybody knows well,and his mom knows very well....
Anyway I will try...Insha Allah...and one more Insha Allah is there..After ramzan, I will try to post 5-10 vegetable dishes repeatedly..




Every time, the chicken pieces in the chicken curry are left over and shifted to the fridge...and the next day it is transformed into cutlets or samosas....,,,,,,,,,,,one among the transformations is my chicken Ulli vada..remember???????Last day with madakku pathiri, I decided to make a spicy egg masala and this kerala style chicken fry..Normally I don't use coriander powder in my chicken or fish fries....While talking with my sis on Skype, I told her that I want to make a  chicken fry differ from the normal one..Then she suggested to add coriander powder and it was a big hit,,,and it had that thani naadan flavour,which we get from the local tea stores and thattukadas in Kerala...


Ingredients :

  1. Chicken Pieces (cut into medium size pieces) : 500 gm
  2. Red Chilly Powder : 1 tbsp
  3. Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
  4. Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
  5. Black Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
  6. Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
  7. Curry leaves (chopped): 1 tbsp
  8. Coriander Leaves (Chopped) : 1 tbsp
  9. Vinegar : 3/4 tsp
  10. Ginger Garli Paste : 1 tsp
  11. Salt
  12. Coconut Oil




Method 

  • Marinate chicken with all the ingredients except oil and keep aside for 1-2 hour.
  • Shallow fry them in hot oil in a wide pan, by turning frequently
  • Drain the chicken pieces and add sliced onions(only 1 or 2) & curry leaves into the same oil.
  • Saute for some time , drain and use them for garnishing our spicy Chicken Fry



Ready!!!!!!Serve!!!!!!!!!

7 comments :

  1. Hey ..thanks for stopping by my space...u too have a great space here...that chicken curry looks spicy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken dishes are like rain for me etra kandaalum mathiyavullaa...:) appo pineee kazhikuna karyam parayandalooo ...Shahina undakunna non veg dishesinde masaluyude look adipoli annu... laptop noki thanee choru unnaam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enikkum angane thanneya especially fry and roast..adyam balam pidichirikkum..pinne pathukke plate kali akum

      Delete
  3. Kothipuchallo shai... njangalum edakku malli upayogikarundu... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked.. Thattu kadede valiya fan aale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohooooo tempting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    happily following you
    www.remyasean.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete