Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thattukada Chicken Fry - Re-creating a thattukada in my kitchen

This is a heavenly chicken fry having the full elegant  flavours ,that we want.I adapted this recipe from a malayalam cookery show in Jai Hind TV (Swad). Actually I was attracted by the name 'thattukada' itself..I have a special affection towards  thattukadas from my childhood..

This recipe is in my drafts for long...The problem is that a complaint will happen today against me..ie..."Appa...Mamma didnt give the chicken fry to me..She made it only for posting it in her blog..


Ingredients :

  1. Chicken : 500 g(cut into medium size pieces)
  2. Red Chilly Powder : 1 tbsp
  3. Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
  4. Green Chilly : 2-3
  5. Ginger : a medium size piece
  6. Garlic : 3-4
  7. Vinegar : 1 tsp
  8. Soya Sauce : 1 tsp
  9. Cinnamon : 1 small stick
  10. Cloves : 2
  11. Pepper corns : 1/2 tbsp
  12. Salt
  13. Oil (for frying) 



Method :

  • Dry roast the pepper corns ,cinnamon and cloves for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
  • Add chilly powder and turmeric powder into it and roast for few seconds in low flame.
  • Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
  • Grind the ginger,garlic and green chillies together into a paste.
  • Grind the roasted mix into a fine paste by adding little water.
  • Marinate chicken pieces with the ground paste(both),vinegar,soya sauce, salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
  • Pressure cook the marinated chicken pieces for only one whistle without adding water and switch off the flame.
  • After opening ,if any water is left, evaporate it completely for coating the chicken pieces with the masala well.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the pieces.


Drain them and serve...Enjoy the simple,delicious Thattukada Chicken Fry

6 comments :

  1. Wow! Awesome recipe Shahina.. Will definitely try this.. My son too keeps complaining that I always make him wait to eat so that I can take pictures for my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohffff!I did not even eat breakfast and I am already craving for chicken. Thattukadas always have some special secret we all want to find out right!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thattukada ennu parayumbol thanne vaayil vellam varum

      Delete
  3. Shoo... Super, looks very yum !! Haha, u r torturing the poor kid eh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he sees each posts, this complaint happens here!!!!!!!!

      Delete