Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fish Pickle

Something special and very close to me...........It was a must stock during my hostel days..Not only me, but all my 4 room mates had their own jars of  this lip smacking fish pickle. .and they all had that distinct flavours and tastes from all of our moms.


Ingredients:
Fish pieces(any kind of fleshy ones) : 250 gm
Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
Garlic (peeled) : 10
Red chilly Powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4  tsp
Salt
Pickle Powder(I use Eastern) : 2-3 tsp
Vinegar : 1 tsp


Method : 
Marinate the fish pieces with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and keep aside for half an hour.
Shallow fry them in coconut oil.
Add ginger garlic paste and the whole garlic in the same oil and saute well
Add pickle powder and saute for 2-3 minutes
Now add the fish pieces and mix well.
Keep it in medium flame for 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
Add vinegar and combine well.

Ready!!!!!Serve!!!!!!!!!



7 comments :

  1. Mmmmhhhh.... Looks very tempting.... How long can it be stored?

    ReplyDelete
  2. achar ennathu ente to-do listil irikkan thudangiyittu kaalam kureyayi... yummy fish pickly dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo enikku vyaaa..kothiyavunnu ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh.. Am drooling.. Tempting lip smacking pickle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rarely this type of blogs are found with a great information.I would love to suggest people to read your blog and share the information. You want to Enjoy tasty home made pickle India ? Now you can Buy pickles directly from India’s favorite traditional pickle makers right from the comfort of your home.Mutton Spicy Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing with us, when I started reading from this perspective, a very interesting website picklemasti caught my eye. I visited website, I came to know they are offering a sample of Mango Pickle (100gms) at doorstep absolutely FREE!!!! Free Indian pickle offer is limited! Grab this opportunity

    ReplyDelete