Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Easy Chena(Yam) Stir Fry

Aaahhh!!!!Finally reached in a veggie.............After posting every entries  I plan that next one will be definitely a vegetarian...But again it comes to a meat or fish recipe...I know my space has no veggie followers....What to do? My family is a carnivorous one...This chena mezhukkupuratti is an easy to make ,delicious and healthy  side dish for rice...And this vegetable can be prepared in many different ways..
I have been loving this classic side dish since my childhood...There were plenty of these round brown balls in our backyard...And it is such a beautiful scene , the leaves of it  spread like big green  umbrellas........
Ingredients :

  1. Yam(Chena ) : small one (cut into small cubes)
  2. Garlic :2 (Crushed with its outer peel)
  3. Chilly Powder : 1 tsp
  4. Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
  5. Curry leaves: 1 spring
  6. Mustard Seeds : few
  7. Salt
  8. Oil



Method :

  • Cook the yam pieces in a pan with little water,salt and turmeric powder .Otherwise you can steam it also.
  • Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds.
  • Add crushed garlic and curry leaves.
  • Stir for 5-10 seconds and add chilly powder (this stage the flame should be at the lowest.otherwise the chilly powder get burnt)
  • Add the cooked yam pieces just after adding the chilly powder and mix well.
  • Stir and combine for 1-2 minutes.Switch off the flame


Ready!!!!!!!!!!Serve!!!!!!!!

6 comments :

  1. i 100% agree to you... evideyum non-vegayal mathram nallonam bhakshanam kazhikunavara.... veg aavunna annu mugham kanaan pattoollaa.. hehe... looks really yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ivide innu oru yudham kazhinjatheyulloo.............villain : todays sambar..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally use potatoes yet this with yam is simply great. The next round, its gonna be yam for the awesome flavors and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Recipes For Stir Fry given here is really great because it is easy to prepare and the photos given here are looks delicious. In fact, this is different for all the recipes I saw on the internet and I want to try this one for our dinner. And I wish I can cook this recipe right but I'm sure my family will like this very much. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your nice comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one.... we prepare this ven our menu s totally veg.....

    ReplyDelete