Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fish Pulavu

I have given this name as fish pulao for this mildly spicy,fishy rice.. I don't know actually is this the recipe of fish pulavu....If any other opinions around, i will call it as shaains fish pulao...any objections??????????
Whenever I have king fish in my freezer , a fish biryani is a must...and by that only my never fail biryani is the same...but fish biryani is much time consuming and so much care has to be given to the fish pieces as a new born baby....
Last day....I was very lazy to cook and above that no idea of what to cook for dinner...With the blank mind, I opened the fridge and my eyes clicked some fish pieces and it's cleaned and marinated too....Wow!!!!!!!Bumper Lottery!!!!!But I did not want to spend more time on it, so dropped the plan of having a biryani...
Again with the same blank mind..I started cooking..But the outcome was superb...And this will be one of my weekly once dinner ,I've decided..........

 Ingredients :
  1. Fish pieces : 5-6
  2. Basmati Rice : 1 cup
  3. Red Chilly Powder : 2 tsp
  4. Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
  5. Fennel Powder :1 tsp
  6. Coriander Powder : 2 tsp
  7. Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
  8. inger Garlic paste : 2 tsp
  9. Onions ; 1 big/2 small
  10. Tomato : 1
  11. Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
  12. Mint leaves : 1/2 cup
  13. Lemon Juice : from 1/2 of a lemon 
  14. Salt
  15. Oil
  16. Water : 2 cups (for cooking the rice )
  17. Carrots and Cucumber : 1/2 cup (For Garnishing)


Method :
  • Marinate the fish pieces with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder , salt and keep aside
  • Heat oil in a pan and add the fish pieces(Shallow fry)
  • Drain the fish pieces and add onion chopped, ginger garlic paste int the same oil 
  • Saute and add the coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
  • Now add the chopped tomato ,coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well.
  • Add water and allow it to boil.
  • While boiing add salt, washed & drained rice ,lemon juice and cover well (low flame)
  • After cooking(all the water evaporates) add the fish pieces and mix well  
  • Cover and cook for few minutes (then only the fish flavour will mix with the rice and it will become fish pulao)
  • While serving garnish with carrots and cucumber chopped...




Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!Serve!!!!!!!!

2 comments :